Sugar Free Paleo Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread

Well, kiddos, Yours truly, The Gentleman Caller, is on a CLEANSE. Yes, a CLEANSE. I know, it sounds terrifying, doesn’t it?

It’s actually not that bad. I usually encourage the 80/20 philosophy in life. 80% of the time you eat properly, healthfully. The other 20% GO HOG FREAKING WILD.

Most of what I present to you here are for the 20% times. So while I am on the CLEANSE, I am offering you some healthy alternatives to favorite food items.

A good many people are turned off by the notion of “healthy” and turn their noses up at the mere insinuation of “sugar-free.” Or “fat-free.” Or “gluten-free.” Free your mind from those negative connotations. Would The Gentleman Caller lead you astray?

This bread is not super-sweet. If you want a sweeter bread, use 1 1/2 tsp stevia. The way I am presenting it is more versatile; it’s not necessarily sweet or savory. You could make croutons, or an egg sandwich out of this.

Now go wash your dirty mitts and let’s get cooking!

What you need:

  • 2 very, very ripe bananas
  • 1 cup pecans, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground stevia
  • 3 tbsp molasses
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tbsp arrow root powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 3/4 cup chick pea flour

*This would be extra delicious with 1 cup of golden raisins. My CLEANSE does not allow raisins, but if yours does, by all means!

Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.

Toast the pecan pieces on a hot sauce pan. You’ll be able to smell the nuttiness ever so slightly. Watch that you don’t overdo it!

Mash them bananas. Mash them to a smooth consistency, and stir in the applesauce. Add eggs, vanilla, and molasses.

Combine salt, stevia, baking soda, baking powder, arrow root flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and chick pea flour in another bowl.

Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.

Spoon into 4 greased loaf pans. These would also make great little muffins!

Put a piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet; place the pans on the foil. The foil is prophylactic. It’s there in case the batter overflows.

Bake for 25 minutes in the 375 degree oven. Checking at 20 minutes won’t hurt. It will probably take 25.

Allow to rest until the pans are cool enough to deal with.

Slice and ENJOY!

If you are dieting or low-carb-ing, this really will take the edge off your cravings. It’s very satisfying and very tasty.

Also, you all know I like to make my own jam, BUT if you want a little more satisfaction, Smuckers makes a very nice sugar-free jam sweetened with sucralose (Splenda). It’s really not bad.

Enjoy this healthy “bread” treat!

xoxo,

The Gentleman Caller

2 thoughts on “Sugar Free Paleo Gluten Free Banana Nut Bread”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *